Space is a major growth sector of the UK economy and presents a fertile ground for innovation. Companies of all sizes are taking advantage of the many opportunities to develop and deploy new technologies to solve 21st century problems.
Protecting your technological innovations and branding is an important part of long-term commercial success - having a portfolio of Intellectual Property Rights is linked to higher likelihood of growth, greater attention from investors and increased revenue.
This webinar jointly hosted by Space South Central and Marks & Clerk will provide an introduction to Intellectual Property (IP) and is intended to help innovators and decision makers working in the space sector understand more about this important topic.
Phil Merchant and Michael Barrett will be covering:
- The different types of IP available, including patents and trademarks
- How to protect innovations and products across the space sector upstream and downstream
- How an IP strategy can be tailored to your business to protect your interests, improve your value and increase investor confidence
- Understand how the IP rights of others (e.g. others’ patents and branding) might impact your business plan
- Action points to be taken now and in the future to improve your position