You can also read the transcript for this podcast.
Lawyers from Marks & Clerk Law participated in the first fully remote hearing ever to take place at the UK’s Court of Appeal. In our second podcast, Mike Gilbert, Tom Taylor, Imogen Kelso and Jonathan Solomon share their experiences, discussing key client concerns and how they overcame the technological and logistical perils to achieve success. As lockdown continues, so do the courts.
All of our lawyers are happy to discuss anything we have discussed on today’s podcast so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Two platforms are mentioned: Sparq (read more about their work on a Commercial Court hearing) and Opus2.
This podcast covers:
- About Marks & Clerk Law (0:18)
- Speaker introductions (0:58)
- Background to the remote hearings (2:52)
- Client concerns (5:17)
- Key preparation (7:46)
- Top tips for how to manage remote hearings (12:04)
- How well did it all work? (17:22)
- What does the future hold for hearings? (22:20)
- Take home points (30:37)