We can represent you directly before the Trade Mark Registry and the courts in the UK and in other countries where we have an office. Where it is available, we may include the International Registration system (Madrid Arrangement and Madrid Protocol) in order to minimise costs. We can also act for you before the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) in seeking Community Trade Mark registrations and make use of other regional arrangements such as the African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI) and the Andean Pact where appropriate.
Our online trade marks buying and selling service - liquidIP - can help trade mark owners realise the hidden financial potential of any unwanted assets.
Trade mark development and strategy
- review your existing portfolio of rights and offer advice on its strengths and weaknesses
- help to design internal systems for the most efficient and effective management of the IP arising from your branding processes
- provide internal training programmes to ensure that you are getting the maximum IP return from your brand portfolio
- review competitor and sector activity worldwide and help you plan your branding strategy accordingly
- advise on the best protection strategy for a mark and then manage its implementation worldwide
- assist in developing suitable new brands and corporate images.
Securing trade mark protection
- advise on whether a trade mark can be registered
- consider possible alternatives including unregistered rights
- conduct availability searches
- file and prosecute trade mark applications through to registration
- advise on domain name issues and registration on the Internet.
Trade marks at work
- advise on issues such as validity and the infringement of clients' and third party trade marks
- review the possibility of amending marks to avoid third party rights
- bring and defend actions for the revocation of trade mark registrations
- oppose the grant of registrations before national offices or OHIM in the case of Community Trade Marks
- draft licenses and assignments and assist in negotiations with third parties
- assist with the transfer of your rights or the acquisition of third party rights
- help you police your mark and ensure that your rights are not infringed.
For more information, contact us.