We can represent you directly before the patent office and the courts in the UK and in other countries where we have offices. Internationally, we can also represent you under the European Patent Convention (EPC) and the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), so as to defer costs and give you maximum flexibility in choosing the countries where you want protection. We also offer a full "national phase" service in all member states of the EPC for clients seeking patent protection through that Convention.
Patent development and strategy
- review your existing portfolio of rights and offer advice on its strengths and weaknesses
- help to design internal systems for the most efficient and effective management of the IP arising from your innovation processes
- provide internal training programmes to ensure that you are getting the maximum IP return from your R&D investment
- review competitor and sector activity worldwide and help you plan your strategy accordingly
- advise on the best protection strategy for an invention and then manage its implementation worldwide
- advise on the many different ways of leveraging your IP rights
- help you ensure you get the maximum return on the IP in your invention for as long as possible.
Securing patent protection
- advise on whether a new invention can be patented
- provide novelty and infringement searches
- draft and prosecute patent applications through to grant
- advise on requests for supplementary protection certificates.
Patents at work
- advise on issues such as amendment, validity, infringement of clients' and third party patents
- consider the possibility of designing around third party rights to avoid infringement
- advise on compulsory licence applications
- bring and defend actions for the revocation of patents
- bring and defend actions relating to the infringement of patents
- oppose the grant of patents before relevant patent offices
- contest inventorship or the entitlement to grant
- help you police your patent rights to ensure that they are not infringed
- draft licences and assignments and assist in negotiations with third parties
- assist with the transfer of your rights or the acquisition of third party rights.
For more information, contact us.