We can represent you directly before the Designs Registry and the courts in the UK and in other countries where we have an office. We can also act for you before the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) in seeking Community Design registrations.
Design development and strategy
- review your existing portfolio of rights and offer advice on its strengths and weaknesses
- help to design internal systems for the most efficient and effective management of the IP arising from your design processes
- provide internal training programmes to ensure that you are getting the maximum IP return from your R&D investment
- review competitor and sector activity worldwide and help you plan your strategy accordingly
- advise on the many different ways of leveraging your IP
- help you ensure you get the maximum return on the IP in your design for as long as possible.
Securing design protection
- advise on the best protection strategy for a design and then manage its implementation worldwide
- advise on whether a design can be registered
- consider possible alternatives including unregistered rights
- conduct novelty and infringement searches
- file and prosecute design applications through to grant.
Designs at work
- advise on issues such as amendment, validity and the infringement of clients' and third party designs
- review the possibility of designing around third party rights to avoid infringement
- bring and defend actions for the revocation or infringement of registered designs on behalf of our clients
- draft licenses and assignments and assist in negotiations with third parties
- assist with the transfer of your rights or the acquisition of third party rights.
For more information, contact us.